» home »
My Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Ram Air WS6 Muscle Car
- Pontiac Firebird WS6 Pictures: 8 years and 2 car stripe designs
- Car Modifications - 2 Stripe Sets: my car's 2 sets of hood and spoiler stripes, graphics, body moldings, tint - all about mods
- Firebird, Camaro and Corvette Production numbers: Firebird, Camaro, Corvette build numbers with color breakdowns and special editions (WS6, Yellow 35th anniversary, etc)
- Firebird TV Commercials: watch extremely rare TV ads for WS6 Firebird
- Camaro and Firebird Car Wrecks collected over 5 years on car forums
- Firebird And Camaro RPO door codes and car manuals: 4th gen firebird owner manual (also good for camaro), firebird parts manual and full RPO code list
- WS6-Only Firebird Trans Am Rims - 3-spoke salad shooter rim design
- Car Forums Reviews: written by me - LS2.com, LS1Tech.com, LS1.com, CorvetteForum.com (great resources)
- My Car's Photoshops - these chops are great if you've never seen a firebird photoshop before
- Other Fast Cars: exotics, domestics, muscle cars, concepts
- Firebird and Camaro Discontinued production - firebird and camaro killed by GM in 2002. Replaced by Pontiac GTO and Chevy Camaro 2010.
- GM factory lot in Canada with 30th anniversary Trans Am Ram Air Firebirds
The current package is a variation on the 30th firebird anniversary edition, released in 1999. My 2000 Trans Am with stripes in two red tones, is created to mimic the blue that was on the firebird anniversary package in 1999.
The previous design was a mimic of the GMMG blackbird stripes up front, and a custom stripe job on the spoiler wingtips. It was a unique setup, which I have yet to see on any other firebird. It was done by a professional design shop, same one which did my current red stripe package (contact me for name). Of course, there's the original stock Arctic White Paint with black emblems.
I purchased my WS6 firebird brand new, In the middle of winter, Jan 5th, 2000... Update (11/2007): The car is still owned by me, with more than 140,000 daily driver miles. Drives like a dream and still a joy every day.
Introduction: My LS1 Ram Air WS6 Firebird is now 8 years old, though you'd never say it just by looking at the car. Firebirds in Trans Am, WS6 and Formula packages have the same LS1 engine as the Chevrolet Corvette, but cost $20,000 less.
This version of the Pontiac Firebird is a 4th (fourth) generation LS1 car model, spanning years 1998 to 2002. Firebird 4th generation cars were produced starting in 1993 with LT1 engines, and continued with LS1 block in '98. The design of the WS6 Firebird is outstanding - it really looks like a bird with open wings, I have to give full credit to the GM design team for creating it.
My car has gone through 2 stripe modification packages: Pontiac WS6 red stripes: 30th anniversary Firebird stripes and Blackbird Firebird Stripes.
the power, rush and intensity of a muscle car: Everybody who ever said "you'll crash and die" has never felt the power, the rush and intensity a muscle car has. IT alone becomes an extension of you. It's your image to the world, a picture into your soul. If i had to buy the car again, i'd do it in a second. Although, having lived with this monster for all these years in the northeast, and driving it as my daily driver, it's becoming increasingly clear that 1. winters are not it's friend 2. it creates a lot of attention (wanted and unwanted) 3. it's VERY expensive to insure, repair and upkeep and 4. it's just plain uncomfortable. AHAHA.. yes, uncomfortable. I guess I'm getting old... I plan to never sell it, instead, to keep it until it dies on me, to at least 10 years old.
More about my firebird: 2000 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Ram Air WS6 Muscle Car has the same engine as the Corvette of the same year, but costs $20,000 less. The design of the car is outstanding, I have to give full credit to the GM design team, they did a great job. I have many pictures of the car, please visit the gallery. There's also a huge collection of pictures, a lot of notes on my car modifications, stripe packages, and everything else in between. It was brand new when I purchased it, in the dead of winter, Jan 5th, 2000. Everybody who ever said "you'll crash and die" has never felt the power, the rush and intensity a muscle car has. IT alone becomes an extension of you. It's your image to the world, a picture into your soul. If i had to do it again, i'd do it in a second. Having lived with this monster for all these years in the northeast, and driving it as my daily driver, it's becoming increasingly clear that 1. winters are not it's friend 2. it creates a lot of attention (wanted and unwanted) 3. it's VERY expensive to insure, repair and upkeep and 4. it's just plain uncomfortable...yes, uncomfortable. I guess i'm getting old... I plan to never sell it, instead, to keep it until it dies on me, to at least 10 years old.
Car forums reviews for LS1/LS2 owners, they talk about everything to do with your car. www.ls1.com; www.ls2.com; www.ls1tech.com and www.corvetteforum.com, they're online giants.
Pontiac Firebird cars have 5 trims:
|My car wears Unique OEM WS6-only 3-spoke rims
Pontiac Firebird WS6 3-spoke salad shooter rims: They were only available for 2000 model year as a special selection on a build sheet, and by some estimates, only 1-5% of all 200 WS6 models had them. Door RPO code: N66.
My car's official color is 'Arctic White' and the option package code for the Ram Air version is WS6.
This car is used widely as a very strong competitor in Drag Racing and Auto Cross. Firebird and Camaros have ET in 1/4 mile of 13.5 seconds and reach 60Mph in 5.1 seconds. A WS6 or RAM AIR version of the Firebird is rated at 325HP.
- Pontiac Firebird
- Pontiac Firebird Formula
- Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
- Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Ram Air WS6 (modified by ASC Inc Coachbuilders: Pontiac WS6 Firebird Showcase )
- Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Firehawk (sometimes spelled Fire hawk) (modified by SLP Performance Parts)
The engine is LS1 for all trim levels but the regular Firebird. It's the same engine used in C5 Corvette (5th Generation Model).
| 3,000 Pontiac Firebird WS6 cars were made each year and most of them ended up in the south, CA and TX.
This is a rare picture of a GM factory lot in Canada with Firebirds , displaying 30th anniversary firebird cars, ready to go to ASC for WS6 conversion.
|GM MEDIA RELEASE PICTURE
This is a large, professional picture of LS1 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am with a Ram Air/WS6 Package. You can view the large pictures in my car collection.
Camaro: Camaro comes in 3 trim levels: Camaro, Z28 and SS (Super Sport).
My car is Listed in: Dmoz Open Directory Project - Top: Recreation: Autos: Makes and Models: Pontiac: Firebird: 1993-2002